Sunday, September 27, 2009

For the Swaddle-Challenged



My neighbor's daughter,  who has a little one herself, gave me the best advice when she directed me to the "Miracle Blanket".  Yes, that is its' name, and as cheesy as it is, it is so true!  For those of you who are swaddle-challenged or who have a baby Houdini like us, run out and get one now!  


No matter what books I read, what videos I watched, or how many times the nurses showed my husband and I how to swaddle our baby boy in the hospital, we would fail miserably every time we tried.  Just when we would think we managed the perfect swaddle, BAM!...out would pop one of Christopher's arms flailing around knocking himself in the face.  Although he screams initially, the minute he is snug as a bug in a swaddle, he is so peaceful and not punching himself in the face.  Everyday is truly a new learning experience...At least our nights are now a little more under control.  We actually had a 4 hour sleep session the other night!  I woke up fearing that someone had taken my baby because I felt so unusually rested:)  


2 comments:

  1. Ah! I used this with Maya. I even sent in a video of her being calmed by the blanket. It is the BEST THING EVER. I will only give them at baby showers from now on. Once he outgrows the the Miracle Blanket, try Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit. Funny name, magical product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Whatever helps us all get more sleep is key:)

    ReplyDelete

The Kasparians

The Kasparians
Family Pre-Baby